Friday, November 14, 2008

Using KPhotoAlbum

I have a couple of nights off from work, so tonight I am biting the bullet and starting the monumental task of tagging my digital image collection. As I explained in previous posts, I will be using KPhotoAlbum, which is very likely the most efficient tool for photo tagging in existence. However, it is still work!.

Now that I have the great majority of my images renamed by date and time taken, when I open KPhotoAlbum, (after allowing it to do its initial indexing, and after watching the introductory videos, of course!), it brings me to the "home" page:



As you can see, there are several "super categories" listed on the left. Clicking on one of those will reveal the subcategories under them. In this case, I will click on "Places."



If I click on one of those subcategories, I see all the sub-sub categories (e.g. "Sidney Lanier Bridge"). Clicking "Show Thumbnails" at any point will give you a display of all the pictures in your current selection.This is how you can quickly drill down to exactly the pictures you are looking for.



KPhotoAlbum is a great tool for KDE 3.5.x. Rumor has it that it is being overhauled for KDE4. I look forward to seeing the new version.

No comments:

Post a Comment